12 Essential Tips For Younger Looking Hair
Look no further for tricks to maintain shiny, youthful hair.
You apply eye cream every night and stock up on anti-aging serums. While you combat aging, have you ever stopped to think about your hair? We’re so used to thinking about the effects of anti-aging on your skin that we tend to forget about other parts of our body such as the hair. Newsflash: Your hair might not get wrinkles, but it ages all the same.
Dry, brittle, dull, damaged and greying hair are all inevitable signs of aging which everyone eventually encounters. The good news is, there are measures you can take to delay the effects of aging hair to prolong the health and well-being of your tresses.
1) Watch your diet. What you consume shows up on you. Healthy hair starts with a healthy diet so load up on lean proteins, water and avoid excessive fat to improve the health of your hair and scalp. Food types known to pack a beauty punch:
- Dark green vegetables
- Low-fat dairy
If you’re not getting sufficient nutrition from your diet, consider supplements for a boost of targeted nutrition to promote general health, skin and hair.
2) We know long, steamy showers are one of the best ways to unwind but for the sake of your hair, try to keep them to a minimum. Hot water strips hair of oil so shower with lukewarm water instead and your hair will thank you for it.
3) Go easy on wet hair. Your hair is especially fragile when wet which is why you should never vigorously towel dry after a shower. Instead, gently press dry with a towel to absorb moisture.
4) Although air-drying is recommended to avoid split ends and breakage, sometimes a blowout is just what you need to complete your look. Safeguard your hair from damage that comes from high temperatures with protective sprays to strengthen and hydrate.
5) Change your styling habits. For a softer, more natural look, avoid spraying products directly onto the hair. Spray from a distance and go light with leave-in products. Minimise heat styling and replenish lost moisture with nourishing conditioners and hair masks.
6) Loosen up on tight hairstyles. Pulled back ponytails, braids and topknots – basically anything that puts stress on your roots are a bad idea. They can lead to receding hairlines and breakage.
7) Chemical treatments such as bleaching, perming and straightening are known to over process and damage hair. If you can’t give them up (we know it’s hard!), decrease the regularity of these processes or counter damage with restorative treatments.
8) Give thinning hair a boost with advanced shampoo formulas and leave-in serums packed with peptides to prevent hair loss and stimulate regrowth. Further strengthen your tresses with targeted treatments for hair loss aimed at restoring scalp health to effectively boost and accelerate new hair growth.
9) Yes, sunscreen for hair is a thing. Prolonged exposure to the sun makes strands look dull, dehydrated and old. Shielding strands from UV rays with sunscreen helps lock in moisture, preserves colour and keeps your hair healthy.
A quick-drying formula that covers you from head to toe, DrGL® Sun Protection Mist is suitable for use on hair, face and body making it convenient for application on hard-to-reach areas.
10) Volume, volume, volume. Voluminous hair appears fuller, thicker and more youthful. Enhance your volume with volume boosting shampoos, conditioners and serums or opt for a haircut that makes your hair appear thicker.
11) Hide those greys. It’s a fact that grey hair adds years to one’s appearance. Conceal greys with a good dye job (highlights make them less obvious) or go to the root of the problem with an anti-aging serum to reduce the density of grey areas and delay the emergence of white hair.
Formulated with the combined power of advanced peptides and Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract known as the “longevity herb”, DrGL® Solution Anti-Aging brings the latest in anti-aging to haircare while promoting fuller hair and a healthier scalp.
12) Leave it to the professionals. There is only so much you can do for your hair on your own. Remember that your scalp is an extension of your skin so show some TLC with curated treatments for the scalp to repair damage, lock in moisture and boost your roots from the inside out.
Give your scalp a clarifying treatment to keep pores free of dirt, impurities and build-up. Boost radiance with a deep cleansing treatment once a month to remove product build-up.
Enjoy hair rejuvenation with a combination of the tips above for younger looking locks that won’t give away your age.
Your Beauty BFF
An advanced proprietary formula incorporating the latest developments in cell regeneration, DrGL® Cleanser Anti-Hairloss helps prevent hair loss, then goes one step further to stimulate regrowth.
A leave-in serum that contains the same potent ingredients as our anti-aging cleanser, DrGL® Solution Anti-Hairloss gives hair an extra treatment boost. Advanced formula helps prevent hair loss and stimulates regrowth.